Ex-convict threatens woman with toy gun, rapes her - SALIENT TIMES ONLINE

Ex-convict threatens woman with toy gun, rapes her

Share This
The police in Anambra State have arrested one Emeka Okeke for allegedly raping a 36- year-old woman.

Okeke (28), an ex-convict, was said to have waylaid the woman with a toy gun on her way home at about 9pm that day.

The suspect whose nickname was given as “Aso-Rock’, reportedly threatened to kill the victim with a toy gun tucked in his waist should she refuse his request.

It was gathered that the suspect led the victim to a nearby unoccupied building and later to a school where he had sex with her several times.

Okeke was nabbed following a complaint by the victim to the police.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state,  Haruna Mohammed, confirmed the incident to our correspondent.

Mohammed said the suspect was trailed and arrested by police detectives in conjunction with a vigilance group attached to Opuno community.

The PPRO added, “On May 7, 2020, a 36-year-old woman resident at UNIZIK temp-site Awka,  reported at B Division Awka that at about 9pm of May 6, while departing with her friend at Okochi Okpuno, a man later identified as Emeka Okeke (28)  alias ‘Aso Rock’ followed her closely, raised his shirt to show her a ‘gun’ tucked in his waist, and threatened to shoot her dead if she did not submit herself  to his demand for sex.

“Consequently, the frightened victim, believing it was a real gun, and under the fear of being shot dead, followed him to a building in Okochi where he forcefully had carnal knowledge of her.

“Again, while being led out of the venue, the suspect forcefully led her to the premises of Community Primary School, where he had another rounds of sex with the victim.

Mohammed said the victim was taken to hospital for medical examination and treatment, adding that the suspect, who he described as ‘a notorious offender who recently returned from the correctional centre Awka over alleged case of manslaughter”, had been detained.

He said the Commissioner of Police in the state, John Abang, had ordered the transfer of the case to the State Criminal investigation Department  Awka for discreet investigation after which suspect would be charged to court.